Thursday, July 15, 2010

Close to my Heart 2010 Convention in DC

So, I just returned Sunday night from the most AWESOME convention EVER!!  I knew from the first convention that I attended that this would be awesome from the beginning.  BUT I was BLOWN AWAY at how much time, energy and finances were put into this 3 day (for me, 4 day for leadership) convention.  We were dazzled, entertained and educated all at the same time!

Speaking of entertainment.....On Friday during the Awards Gala, we had the privilege of listening to the amazing sounds of Jon Schmidt on his piano accompanied by Steven Sharp Nelson on the cello/percussion.  I had chills listening to them play.  Then on Saturday we laughed till we cried while Anita Renfroe entertained us all with her comedy.  That woman is crazy!  LOL

I will share a few of my favorite photos that I took over the 5 days that I spent in Washington, DC.  I will have a few more once the group of us shares online.  I have one that was taken of a few of us with Jon Schmidt and Steven Sharp Nelson right after they signed our CD's!

Wednesday:  In order to get this photo, I stopped a worker nearby to see if he would take our photo.  While not exactly excited about the opportunity to take a picture of the 4 of us, he did!  Thanks!!  OH and it was done in 100 degree + weather.......ick!!


Josie, Debbie, Jennifer, Joyce, Martin and myself in front of the capitol.  After nearly passing out from the heat, we decided it would be better if we took an evening tour.  It really was not much better, just no sun beating down on us.  A breeze would have been nice......lol



This was taken during the first class that I taught during Extravaganza.  I taught 8 different groups of consultants for 20 minutes at a time and taught for 4 hours!  My first class was a disaster......but by the 3rd I was getting into the swing of things.  



This was on the outside of my booth.  I got to take the banner home that has my name on it!!  My class was Art to Flip For.  The top display boards were created by the CTMH art dept.  The bottom boards were all my creations!  I will be posting directions to the 3 mini albums here in the next week or so.



The steps were SUPER COOL!!  As were the other decorations that CTMH put up in the convention hall where we attended all of our classes.



  Now to decide which papers will go best with this trip.......

Thanks for stopping by!!

I hope that I have inspired you to follow your dreams and if sharing this awesome craft with everyone you meet is one of them, Close to my Heart is the BEST company to be a part of!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!

Jen

No comments: