Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mix-n-Mingle Album with a twist......

Do you remember a while back when coasters were the thing to play with in the paper crafting world?  I bought a TON of them and made boxes, frames, and mini albums with them.  Well......as I was trying to come up with a dimensional submission, I ran across the Mix-n-Mingle Album that Close to my Heart sells.  It was featured in the Autumn/Winter 2010 Idea Book and brought back in the Spring/Summer Idea book as well.  If you look through the Idea Books, you will see that they use this cute little album for more than just an album.  Which was my inspiration for this frame.  A couple of years ago, I received instructions on creating a standing frame using 4x4 coasters and Close to my Heart's metal Hinges.  That was my 2nd inspiration for this project.

The first one was the original one.  My brother's wedding matched the colors to Sweetheart PERFECTLY!!  This will be a gift to them as soon as I get it back from my submission.


This second one I created using Mayberry for a dimensional project for a unit meeting project that I was to teach.  That is until I found out that the project for the meeting prior also used the Mix n Mingle album.  Darn it!!  OH WELL!  I loved the way it turned out.  Thinking I will find pics of the kids, Rod and myself and give it to my mom and dad.


All supplies are Close to my Heart.  The flowers were created using a 2" circle punch then spiral cut to the center and rolled up.  I have a tutorial on how to create these flowers starting with a square piece of paper.  These are created in the same fashion.  The leaves were created using a 1 1/4 inch punch by punching a circle then placing the circle back into the punch and punching a leaf shape.  You can create 2 leaves from 1 punched circle.  I then folded the leaf in half and inked the center and all around the edges.

Thank you SO much for stopping by today!!  

I hope that this has inspired you to dust off those coasters that you purchased 4 years ago with good intentions!  OR purchase a Mix-n-Mingle Album from your favorite CTMH consultant and get playing!  You can create 2 tri-fold frames and have enough left over for a double frame.  

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

jen

1 comment:

Tammy said...

These are so beautiful! I am going to attempt your paper flowers this weekend...wish me luck!