Friday, April 8, 2011

Mojo Monday #185 Challenge.......

I REALLY liked the card sketch over at Mojo Monday this week, so could not wait to play along with this week's challenge.  As an added bonus.....they are giving out a prize as it is the beginning of a new month.  The prize is a stamp set from Verve Stamps!  Who knows.....maybe I will win a set this week!!  After all, one can NEVER have TOO many stamp sets.....RIGHT??  LOL

Take a look at the sweet ribbon "flower" (you can click the photo to enlarge the pic) that I have on this card.  I came across a tutorial to create this flower on Paper Pleats and Ribbon Roses.  Connie had created this flower by stitching and gathering the Colonial White Ribbon that CTMH sells.  She also used retired CTMH colored organdy ribbon on another card that she had posted to the CTMH board.


I LOVED the way the colored organdy flowers looked, but I did not have any colored organdy ribbon to play with.  SO I dyed my Colonial White Organdy Ribbon using Smoothie Reinker and Rubbing Alcohol.  The awesome thing about dying my own ribbon is that the colors are only limited to the number of reinker's that I have in stock......which is not limited at all!  lol

All supplies used are CTMH: 
Paper: Mayberry Level 2 Paper Pack, Colonial White CS, Cocoa CS, Olive CS
Stamp set: Card Chatter: Sympathy
Ink: Cocoa
Embellishments: Smoothie Ribbon (Pinks ribbon collection), Colonial White Ribbon (colonial white collection), Mocha Opaques,  Pinks Collection Buttons
Tools: CTMH 2" Scalloped Circle Punch

Thanks SO much for stopping by today!!  

I hope that this has inspired you to check out Connie's tutorial on how to create this super sweet ribbon flower AND to possibly play along over at Mojo Monday and win a set of stamps from Verve Stamps!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Love your Mojo challenge cards.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Cindy!! I am waiting for you to start playing along too!!