Saturday, September 21, 2013

October Card Class

This is NOT the first time that I have said this...nor will it be my last!  BUT the first time I opened up the new Autumn/Winter 2013 Idea Book while sitting at our lunch table at convention this summer, I was NOT in love with Sarita.  GASP!!!  Maybe it's because of the LARGE print patterned paper that in my opinion is rather gaudy...and not really my style.  Maybe it's because the color combo was not appealing to me at first glance.  What ever it was...has completely changed after playing with it!


Isn't this stamp sweet?  This is one of the 5 stamp sets that were re-released in acrylic and featured in the Autumn/Winter 2013 Idea Book and I am in LOVE with them!  Especially when coloring them in with CTMH's Alcohol Markers!  


Oh LOOK!  Yet another image from the past!  I just can't get enough of these sweet stamp sets!  This image as well as the one on the first card was stamped with Black Pigment Ink and embossed with Clear Detail Embossing Powder.  I prefer to emboss these images before coloring them with the alcohol markers to prevent the lines in the image from bleeding when in contact with the markers.


TRYING to keep a couple of these cards simple...I made this card as simple as I possibly could and I am STILL not happy with it!  LOL it is sweet, but I feel as if it still needs a little something...


I have always loved the card sample that is in the Make it from Your Heart Vol. 1 how to book from CTMH.  I made one similar to this last year using Moonlight that had LOVE on it instead.  SO decided to give it a try with the Sarita papers and use HUGS to make it a sympathy card.  The font of the letters and in the sentiment don't quite match...but I think it works in a crazy kind of way!  Either that or I am just too lazy to change it!  lol


Last but not least is this card...not that I created them in this order...just the order I loaded them onto the page!  In case I did not mention this before, this is my favorite paper in the Sarita paper pack!  I don't know what it is about it...just think it is sweet!  

My card class is on the 3rd Monday of each month.  October's class kit is $24.09 ($27.43 including tax and shipping) includes the following:
X7171B Sarita Paper Pack $9.95
Z1873 Sarita Complements $5.95
Z280 Natural Hemp $2.25
Z1752 Clear Sparkles $2.95
X1410 Colonial White Cards and Envelopes $2.99 (10 cards/envelopes per kit)
Z1883 Base & Bling Floral Accents (2 flowers per kit)

If you would like to attend this class, check out my Meeup.com/jensscrappypages group for more details on how to sign up.  If you would like to order any of the products that were used to create these cards, head on over to lovinscrappin.ctmh.com!  

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

I hope this has inspired you to step out of your comfort zone and "play" with papers that don't quite match your style....it may surprise you!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!

Jen





No comments: