Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Is it too early for New Year's resolutions?

I have been busy keeping up with my Facebook page, but keep neglecting to stop over here to post as well!  SO I am making my New Year's resolution a bit early...or is it a bit late?  Either way, each time I post to my Facebook Page Jen's Scrappy Pages, I will post here as well!!  I may not have a LONG LENGTHY post each time, but I know what you really want to see....ART!!  lol

Each month I participate in 2 different swaps.  The Humble Artist's Swap, as I had posted last time.  But I also hold a monthly swap with consultants from my team and also a few fellow consultants that are not on my team.  I LOVE participating in swaps because it forces me to sit down and challenge myself to create something with a specific color scheme or paper pack.

For our team swap in November, we used the papers/colors from the Frosted papers and I chose to created something from one of Close to my Heart's Cricut cartridges.  Art Philosophy was the first cartridge that CTMH introduced in 2011 and I hate to admit it, but with the introduction of Artiste in 2012 and Artbooking this summer, I forgot how stinking cool Art Philosophy is!!!

 Having said that, I created this sweet stocking card using the Card function on the cartridge.  What is SUPER COOL about it is that not only does it cut out the little stockings from the center of the card, you can also cut out each stocking separately.  In addition to cutting out each stocking, you can cut out the toes, heals and top of the stocking for added dimension!


I chose to cut out each stocking and adhere it to the inside of the card.  You can also use paper to back the front of the card, which would be less time consuming and still make a cute card!


After I made the stocking card for my team swap, I decided that this would be a GREAT project for our team meeting!!  SO I went through the different images in the Card function of the cartridge and came up with the tree card below.  



I still used the paper from Frosted...just changed up the color for a more Christmas feel!  The tree in the center was cut from Close to my Heart's gold glitter paper.  LOVE this stuff!!!

Thanks SO much for taking the time to stop by my neglected blog!!  

Hope this has inspired you to get out your "old" favorite CTMH Cricut cartridge and find some NEW fun projects to make with it!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!

Jen


No comments: