Saturday, March 26, 2016

And yet another Mojo Monday Card!!

I love to stamp.  I love to use stamps on my cards and my scrapbook pages.  So to make something with NO stamping is unusual for me!  BUT this morning, I sat down to play along with this week's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge and created a card using ONLY the coordinating complements to Close to my Heart's Georgie papers.  I have to say I LOVE the way it turned out!!

Honestly, I forget about the package of complements that I purchase to go with each paper pack that I purchase through CTMH.  Not sure why exactly.  Maybe it's because I usually have a specific stamp set in mind when I set out to create a card.  OR maybe it's because I put them in a separate place from where I keep my papers.  At any rate, after making this card, I am definitely going to start pulling them out when I choose the papers I am going to use on my card.


The arrows and the Bundle of Joy chipboard are from the complements.  The little heart in the center of the image is from the sticker sheet that also comes in the complements.  To add dimension to the heart, to make it stand out a bit more, I added liquid glass.  Love how it pops it a bit, without taking away from the whole image.  I liked the little arrows on either side of the circle, but thought they were missing something.  SO I added 3 sparkles on each to begin with, but it looked incomplete.  By adding the bitty sparkles to the ends of the arrows, it completed the look I was going for!!  YAY!!

Thanks SO SO much for stopping by!!  If you like what you see on my blog, make sure to check out my Facebook Page Jen's Scrappy Pages to see more art that I don't post to my blog.  I also post specials that Close to my Heart is holding each month.  

I hope that this has inspired you to try creating a card using something other than stamping on them!  I'm not going to lie, it is weird at first, like something is missing, but in the end it looks just as good AND takes less time to create!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen

No comments: