Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Another Mojo Monday...Finished on Wednesday!

I find that when I play along with the weekly Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge, I kind of force myself to get out my comfort zone and make myself create something.  Maybe it is because the sketch gives me a starting point, something that I can look at and see what stamp set would work with the LO of the card.  Maybe it's because I tend to go back to sketch's that I am familiar with, but then become bored with if I have used them too many times.  I don't know.  But what I DO know, is it helps me to start creating...

The stamp set I chose is Close to my Heart's Stamp of the Month "Sunshine Birdies".  I just LOVE the sweet little birdies in this set, not to mention the sayings that come with it are cheery!!  Although, I did not have enough room on this card to use the sentiments that came with the set.  I had to borrow the "thank you" from a set that had tiny sentiments that would fit in the space I had available.


Lately, I am finding that I am liking the crispness of using just cardstock along with an embossing folder for dimension.  The flowers are the only thing on this card that I used Patterned paper for.  I used Watercolor Pencil with a Blending Pen to color the birdie in.  After I colored him in, I used Canary Ink to darken him up a it around the edges as I found him to be a bit lighter than what I was going for when I colored him in.

ANYHOO....All Supplies used are Close to my Heart
Paper: Crystal Blue, Pear and White Daisy CS, and Penelope papers.
Stamp sets: Sunshine Birdies, Pretty Petals (sentiment)
Inks: Crystal Blue, Pear, Thistle and Canary
Embellishments: Kaleidoscope Assortment
Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Blending pen, Artistry Cricut cartridge for the flowers.

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

Hope this has inspired you to play along with this week's Mojo Monday Challenge!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen




1 comment:

Stampin' by Judi said...

Love it!!! Nice job Jen!