Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge 463

It's my FAVORITE sized card over at Mojo Monday this week!!  WOO HOO!!  I know I've said this before, but I just LOVE the 3.5" x 5.5" card size.  I don't know why I do.  Maybe it's because I usually don't make cards that fold at the top, unless it's a Tall & Skinny card and I really like how nice the cards folded at the top look when on display.  I don't know...  But what I DO know is that I really should make MORE like this!!


I have been playing with the NEW Flower Market Cricut Cartridge Bundle (there's a digital version too!) that was introduced in the new 2016 Annual Inspirations catalog (take a peek at it, if you haven't already!) and I am LOVING it!!  This sweet hot air balloon has been calling my name since I first glanced through the images on the cart.  SO as soon as I saw this sketch, I knew EXACTLY which image I was going to use on it!  Well, at least I HOPED that it would work, and it DID!!  Yay me!!


I kept the card fairly simple because I wanted the hot air balloon to be the focal point.  I started with the Glacier dots paper from the Whimsy Fundamentals paper pack and as I was thinking about which other colors I wanted to go with this, I remembered how much I LOVED the colors in the Zoe Paper Pack that just retired (Glacier, Canary, Sorbet, Sweet Leaf and Whisper).  Aren't they just delicious all together?  YUMMY!!  For the outline of the hot air balloon, I used CTMH's White Glitter Paper.  I just LOVE how not only does it add sparkle (yay sparkle!!), but also adds dimension and makes the balloon pop out from the card!  To complete the card, I used a sentiment from the cartridge bundle and a few white gems from the Grey Enamel Gems.

Thank you SO SO much for stopping by!!  

I hope this inspires you to play along with the Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge this week and make yourself a Tall & Skinny card!!  It's FUN!  

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen





5 comments:

Carol S86303 said...

Very nice card! So nice to see CTMH products since so many posts for Mojomonday are SU.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Carol!! I guess I haven't noticed...but I love me some CTMH!! lol

Stampingcountry said...

That's so cute! Great take on this week's MOJO Monday Sketch Challenge.

Jennifer said...

Thank you Robin!!

Teresa Kline said...

hello jennifer...this is darlin, perfect for a tall & skinny card! I am so glad you played along with the
mojo monday sketch!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*