Thursday, August 4, 2016

An Unexpected Fall Card

Is it too early for a Fall card post?  I don't think so!!  I'm trying SO hard not to complain about the heat this summer, especially when I know I will be dying for it to be hot again this winter!  BUT just the thought of the weather cooling down and the days getting shorter, gets me all excited for all things fall!  

Last week, I volunteered to come up with a card using the CTMH's September SOTM for my upline's unit meeting next week.  SO after I quickly finished the SUPER CUTE card that you won't be able to see till NEXT month, I decided to keep the set out and play a little more.  

The September SOTM features stamps using shapes from the Artbooking Cricut cartridge.  I figured as long as I was playing around with the cartridge, I'd go in and see what else I could cut out that would go along with the stamps I was using.  That is when I found the tree image that I have always wanted to play around with, but never got around to it.  



Initially, I cut it out at 4 x 5 1/4 so I could use it to go just a bit inside of a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card front.  I liked the way it looked, but how was I going to come up with different colored leaves without either a. cutting out several of the images in different colors, b. cutting a bunch of different colored CS and adhering them to the back of the tree, or c. color it in with markers or paints.  I opted to color it in with watercolor paints.  BUT as I was TRYING to stay within the lines of the leaves, I discovered that I didn't have to worry about keeping it inside the lines and just use it as a template!!  Yahoo!!  It worked!!  


If you look closely, you will see that the paint did go outside of the lines a bit, but who needs perfect leaves??  LOL  I added a few sparkles just to give it a bit of dimension and added a tiny bit of hemp to the trunk of the tree.  I LOVE the sentiment and can't wait for you all to see the complete stamp set in September, when it becomes available!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!

Hope this has inspired you to give this technique a try!!  I know I will be trying this with other cricut images!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen



No comments: