Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Card for March unit swap!!

I have to say that I am so proud of myself for not waiting till the last day to figure out what I was going to make for my swap this month!! I actually knew 3 weeks ago what I was going to make!! I just did not start assembling until today! LOL Some habits are hard to break!!


For this swap we were to use That's Amore papers and colors and think outside of the box and not just think "Love" with this paper pack. I chose to make the 3 1/2 x 8 card. So, this is what I came up with..... a sparkly flower!! I just LOVE glitter!!! Notice that I put glitter on the brad in the center of the flower too!


To create the flower, I stamped the large flower in Blush ink then rolled the edges in Tulip ink. I repeated the process with the scalloped middle and for the green part I inked it in Garden Green and then rolled the edges in New England Ivy ink. After all was stamped, I cut out the large flower and then sponged the edges with Tulip ink to create a darker edge. I then used my Fine Ball Point Zig glue pen and went around the edges, the center and the brad and sprinkled Prisma Glitter to it all.

The stem of the flower was hand drawn on after I adhered the leaves and then hand stitched with Garden Green embroidery floss.

Supplies:
Stamps: CTMH Cottage Floral and Simple Stitches
Paper: CTMH That's AmoreInks: Blush, Tulip, Chocolate, Garden Green and New England Ivy
Embellishments: Prisma Glitter and Garden Green brad
Thanks for hanging in there with me and for stopping back to see if I have posted!!

Hope this inspired you in some way!!

Jen

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow..so pretty. I love it.

Maria said...

Oooh, so pretty! Your swap partners will definitely love your card for sure. The flower is so pretty and the color combo is gorgeous.

I'm the same way. . .that's the reason why I no longer participate in swaps. . .LOL! I'm always behind and always rushing to finish my cards. Terrible.

Maria

jacque4u2c said...

Just stunning! i love the sparkle!