Friday, December 17, 2010

CTMH Love Birds meets Basic Grey's Max and Whiskers

Do you ever have one of those cards that you REALLY like the way it turned out and want to recreate it using completely different papers, stamp sets, and embellies?  Well I do and I sat down today to re-create it using the SUPER CUTE papers from Max and Whiskers by Basic Grey.

Because I kept the sketch and the placement of the embellies the same as my other card, this card took me NO time at all to put together.  I just LOVE it when that happens!  Without further ado......


As you can tell from the picture, I used Clear Detail Embossing Powder with Versa Mark over the image stamped in Cocoa.  I just like the subtle dimension that using the embossing powder gives the image.  Another thing I did to create dimension was to stamp the birdies on Creme Brulee CS, cut them out and pop dot them to the cage.


Supplies used: 
Paper: Basic Grey Max and Whiskers, CTMH Cocoa CS, Colonial White CS and Sunset CS 
Stamp Set: CTMH Love Birds
Inks: Cocoa for distressing and stamping, Sunset marker for coloring in.
Embellishments: Lagoon Ribbon and Brads from the Mini Medley, and  Just Blooms Spring Blossom
My card base came from the CTMH 50 Cards and Envelopes for just $14.95 (awesome deal!)

Thanks SO much for stopping by today!!

I hope that this has inspired you to re-create some of YOUR favorite cards from the past!!  Don't forget that if you want to see any of the images up close all you have to do is click on it and it SUPER SIZES it for you for FREE!!  lol

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen

No comments: