Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Monthly Unit Swap 3x6 Card using Mayberry

Last month, I posted my monthly unit swap card the day of unit meeting.  Boy did I get grief for it!  lol  SO this month, I thought I would wait until AFTER unit meeting to post this!  I just LOVE participating in swap each month.  The consultants in Shari's team that participate in the swap each month are SO stinkin' talented and I am NEVER disappointed with the cards, pages and 3D projects that I receive.  As the swap items are being passed around the room, all you can hear is OOHHH's and AAAHH's and OH MY GOSH, THIS IS SO CUTE!  It's like opening presents each time!

There are times that I am SO nervous that my swap item is not going to be good enough when compared to the items that I receive.  I guess that is a good thing as it keeps me on my toes and makes me want to push myself to do the best that I can so that I don't disappoint the others that receive my items.  I have to be honest here, it is a big confidence boost to hear the ooh's and aah's as your items are being passed around the room.  Then you know that you have done a good job with your swap.



My swap card this month was inspired by the card that I created for the Mojo Monday #185 sketch.  I really liked the way the scallops looked on the bottom of my card.  SO I decided to go with the same idea on my swap card.  I used a 1 1/4 in. circle punch and cut the circles in half with my paper trimmer, then lined them up with the edge of my strip of Olive CS.

I have to tell you what my daughter Rachael said to me when I showed her my swap card.  She is always honest with me and I can tell immediately if she thinks it is cute or not.  After she read the saying.....You're the apple of my eye......she asked why I put a pear on the card!!!  LOL  Gotta love her!!

All supplies used are CTMH
Paper: Mayberry Level 2 Paper Pack, Olive CS, Cocoa CS and Colonial White CS
Stamps: Mayberry Workshop on the Go stamp set
Inks: Olive, Smoothie and Cocoa
Embellishments: Colonial White Crocheted Ribbon (colonial white ribbon round collection)
Tools: 1 1/4 Circle Punch

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

I hope that this has inspired you to get out your circle punch and create a fun scalloped border on your cards, pages or paper projects!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!!

Jen

No comments: