Saturday, July 16, 2016

Tickled Pink Flamingos meets Florence

Happy Saturday All!!  Hope you are all getting a GREAT start to the weekend!!  Here in Nebraska it is already fixing to be a BEAUTIFUL day!  The sun is shining with clear skies and the temperature is only supposed to get to about 85.  I'd say that's just about perfect!  

Since I promised to be more diligent in posting here, I thought I would share the cards that I created for my August card class.  To be honest with you, I have seen SO many cards/scrapbook pages using these cute little flamingos from the "Tickled Pink" stamp set, that I wasn't sure I even wanted to play with them myself.  BUT I bought both the stamp set AND the thin cuts and didn't want them to not get at least a LITTLE ink on them!  lol  SO I pulled out the set when I started to put my cards together for my class.  


MOST of the cards/scrapbook pages I have seen using this set have been paired with the SUPER CUTE papers from Calypso, which really is PERFECT for this set.  BUT I wanted to do something different with them.  After all, flamingos aren't just pink!  They are also coral and all different shades in between.  That was when I realized that the colors from the Florence paper pack would work!!  SCORE!!  


The first set of cards that I created using Florence and Tickled Pink were distressed with Slate ink.  Well, because I just love how distressing the edges with ink creates dimension/contrast between the different papers.  While making the second set, to use for display at my card class, I opted to leave off the distressing and I have to tell you, I prefer the "clean" look with this kit!!  WHAT??  Say it isn't so!!  

 

I just love how simple the cards are, yet with the bright colors from Florence and those dang cute flamingos, they are just happy to look at!  


If you are not aware, the papers, stamp set, thin cuts, twine and sequins will be retiring at the end of August!  SO if you like the look of the cards, you might want to get yourself some or all of the above products before they are gone FOREVER!!


Supplies Used for Card Class Kit: 
Florence Paper Pack $9.95
Florence Sequins $3.95
Poppy Twine $3.95
1 sheet Poppy CS $.60
1 sheet Ruby CS $.60
1 sheet Peacock CS $.60
1 Sheet White Daisy CS $.60
10 cards/envelopes $2.99

Total: $23.24 (before tax and shipping)
Optional: 
Tickled Pink Stamp set $13.95
Tickled Pink Thin Cuts $13.95
Poppy Ink $6.95
Saffron Ink $6.95
Slate Ink $6.95
Scallop Embossing Folder $8.95
Enchantment Cardstock Combo $14.50 (includes all colors used on cards)

If you like the cards and would like to create them, you can place a minimum $25 order on my website jen.ctmh.com under the Monday Night Card Class party tab and I will send you the cutting directions that includes photos of each of the cards and a description of how to put each one together.  Just shoot an email to me at scrappychick3616@yahoo.com to let me know you have placed your order and would like the instructions sent to you.  

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!  

Hope this has inspired you to think outside the box when it comes to your stamping and paper crafting!!  

Happy Stamping and Scrapping!!

Jen

No comments: