Friday, August 12, 2016

August SOTM Purr-Fect Halloween

Have you seen the August Stamp of the Month "Purr-Fect Halloween??  OH MY GOSH!!  It's SO STINKING cute and right up my alley!!  I LOVE fun, whimsical images and this one is just too much fun to play with!  There are SO many different image options to personalize this kitty.  

The best part is the kitty can be stamped on neutral or colored cardstock, patterned paper, or colored in with markers to create unlimited possibilities as to what your kitty looks like.  After going through all of my options, I decided to go with possibly one of my favorite techniques as of late.  Creating a watercolor background using the "smooshing" technique.  What I love about this technique is that it turns out different each time I use it.  



For this kitty, I painted a yellow/orange color on one of CTMH's clear blocks, then spritzed it with water and applied it to a 3" piece of watercolor paper.  I "smooshed" the block around a bit, then removed the paper from the block.  Once dry, I stamped the kitty image and cut him out.  Easy peasy!!  lol  


I used the AWESOME new Enchantment Fundamentals papers AND the new Star Thin Cuts to create this card.  I LOVE having these new papers in the Annual Inspirations Catalog!  I know they are not CTMH's themed patterned papers that are normally featured in the idea books, BUT I love that they are NOT themed.  I feel that it makes them more functional in my paper crafting.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE themed papers and there will be plenty of those coming up in the new Holiday Expressions coming out next month....BUT the Fundamentals papers, ribbons and complements are the PERFECT addition to the themed papers that we all love so much!  lol


Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

I hope this has inspired you to check out this SUPER cute stamp set!!  Don't forget that it is ONLY available during the month of August!!  You can purchase it for $17.95 OR earn it for just $5 when you place a $50 order.  Either way, you are NOT going to want to miss out on getting this set!!  OH and BTW.... This set does NOT need to be used for Halloween.  What??  You can use the You're One Crazy Cat sentiment OR by pairing it with a Thank You or Birthday sentiment from a different stamp set, it can be used for ANY occasion!!

WHEW!!  

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen




No comments: