Thursday, May 6, 2010

One more CLEAR scalloped circle card. with paper flower tutorial.....

BUT not the last.....LOL

Have you visited Jeanette Lynton's blog recently?  If not, click on her banner on the side of my blog and check out the cards and color combo that she posted on Monday.  I faithfully visit every Monday to see what color combo's she has and I always have good intentions of creating something using those colors.  But, I never seem to get around to doing it. 

Well, I did this week.  I also created the flower that she created on the bottom card.  It took me a few tries, but I ended up with something completely different, but just as beautiful, I think!  lol


Inside of card is fairly simple......



Onto the tutorial.......This is step by step on how I made this flower.  Remember to check out the flower that this was inspired from over at Jeanette Lynton's blog.....

Start with a 4x4 square and hand cut a spiral. i did NOT draw it first....pencil lines showed. I started with a piece of Colonial White CS and dyed it. You can start with any color CS you choose to create your flower with. I am in the dying paper and flowers mode....so I created my own look using Re-inker/rubbing alcohol spray.

Photobucket  

Cut off square edges.

Photobucket 

I sprayed mine first with Baby Pink reinker/rubbing alcohol  

Photobucket

Then again with just a couple sprays of Hollyhock 
Photobucket 
 Sponged the edges with Hollyhock ink 

Photobucket 

sprayed with shimmer mist (rubbing alcohol and pearl paint)  
Photobucket  

better pic of the shimmer!
Photobucket 

Start rolling in outer edge  
Photobucket 

continue till edges are all rolled up. At this point you should only have the center of the swirl left. It will be about 1/2 - 3/4 inch around. This is what you will put your liquid glass on (or other adhesive) and adhere the bottom edges of your flower to.
Photobucket  

At this point, you can fluff as desired and add to your projects, OR you can continue on as I did and smoosh it so it lays a bit flatter.....

Photobucket 

I sprayed mine again and again with the shimmer mist and smooshed and rolled and seperated the edges outward as I sprayed until I got the look and height that I wanted. I put it on top of a bloom that I sprayed Hollyhock and embossed and was finished.  

Photobucket  

I did not put the original flower onto an embossed bloom, but for the tutorial, I used one.

Photobucket  

Finally, a smooshed flower ready to put on any paper project that you create!!

Photobucket

Supplies used on this card are all CTMH unless noted:

Paper: That's Amore', Hollyhock CS, Olive CS and Blush CS
Stamps used: Card Chatter and It's a Buzz
Inks: Hollyhock ink pad, Staz-on white ink pad, Hollyhock and Baby Pink Reinker
Embellishments: Spring Blossom Just Blooms and Clear Scalloped Card from CTMH



Thanks for stopping by!!  

I hope that I have inspired you to check out Jeanette's Blog and to create these beautiful flowers to enhance any project that you are working on!  

Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!!

Jen

4 comments:

Jodi said...

How pretty! I love the tutorial you created for it and hope to try it soon!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Cindy said...

Love the tutorial.

Jen Rubio said...

Hi Jen! I just wanted to let you know that this has been one of my favorite blog tutorials ever and I have found myself referring back to it often. THANK YOU for sharing your fabulous instructions and for inspiring me with your beautiful artwork! I added a link to this posting from my blog today, as this post is so great, it needs to continue to be shared! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

useful tutorial!!!
Done such a fabulous designing...

Plastic Business Cards , Plastic Card printing , Plastic Business Cards