Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tutorial for embossing on paper flowers.....

I wanted to share with you a super fun way to spruce up your paper flowers! I am still on the emboss resist kick from a couple of weeks ago and was trying to come up with other ways to use this technique. This is what I came up with. Although, it really is not an emboss resist technique.....started out to be, and can still be. But I like this version better.

This is the Scalloped Circle Clear Card that CTMH sells along with the square clear card that I posted earlier. Once again, I am SO loving these cards!!! I feel like there is no end to the possibilities with these sweet cards!! My tutorial will show you how you can create the flower on the front of this card......ENJOY!!

Photobucket

First you will need White Daisy pigment ink, stamp of your choice ( I used Spot on Background for mine), clear detail embossing powder, reinker and rubbing alcohol (mine is mixed in spray bottle)  

Photobucket

Spray your just bloom with desired color, let dry.

Photobucket 

Stamp with White Daisy pigment ink with stamp of your choice.  

Photobucket 

Immediately after stamping, cover flower with embossing powder, remove excess powder to emboss.  

Photobucket

Heat powder just till it melts.....it melts pretty fast. For this flower, you are done!!  

Photobucket 

To create the Sunflower colored flower, I started with the Creme Brulee flower....
Photobucket  

Followed the same steps as above, only added a couple of sprays of Sunflower ink to darken the yellow....  

Photobucket

I changed up my clear card a bit on the inside to include another couple of blooms to cover up the "snot dot" that was showing through the back. Card front (again)  

Photobucket  

Card inside (changed to add flowers) To emboss the Tulip colored flower, just start with the tulip flower and emboss! Does not get much easier than that!!  


Photobucket 

HTH!! Any questions, please feel free to e-mail me! Most of all, HAVE fun playing!! I know I have!!  

Photobucket

Thanks for stopping by!!

I hope that I have inspired you to try this fun technique!! If you don't have the supplies for this project, you can either order them from your favorite CTMH consultant, or go to my website and order them to be delivered straight to your house!!

Supplies needed to create this card are: All supplies CTMH unless noted....

Paper: Animal Cookies
Stamp: Spot on Background
Ink: White Daisy Pigment Ink, Dutch Blue, Tulip
Reinker: Sunflower
Embellishments: Spring Blossom Just Blooms, Clear Buttons, Cranberry Waxy Flax and Badge Buttons
Close to my Heart Clear Scalloped Circle card
Stazon White Powder (not CTMH)


Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!!


Jen

No comments: