Monday, February 14, 2011

OH MY GOODNESS IT"S BEEN TWO MONTHS......

Since my last post!  I had NO idea it had been that long!  SO sorry......I have been in a funk lately, but I am finally coming out of it and ready to get creating again.

I created these 2 cards at a crop a couple of weeks ago.  SO, I will start with these 2 for today.  These are both made with papers from the NEW paper pack "Sweetheart".  I am LOVING this paper pack right now!!

This first card was created for the monthly unit swap that I participate in.  The stamp set used is sold with the "Sweetheart" Workshop on the Go kit.  The kit is $29.95 and you can find the contents of the kit here.


To make the butterfly, I inked first in Blush Ink then rolled the edges in Tulip Ink, stamped and cut out.  I inked a second butterfly in Black and just cut out the center of it.  The head is a Black Pearl Opaque and the antenna's are made from waxy flax.  I adhered the waxy flax to the back of the head with Liquid Glass then used my piercing tool to curl the ends.


I adhered the butterfly with Liquid Glass in the center of the butterfly only so I could bring the wings up and curl them a bit downward for dimension.  The black buttons are brads that are included in the Black Mini Medley package.  


This second card was actually created BEFORE the first card and is what inspired the first card for my swap.  The only difference on this butterfly from the other one is I stamped another butterfly in Tulip only and cut out the hearts and other inside parts of the wings.  The black ribbon is also from the Black Mini Medley collection!  For just $4.95 the Black Mini Medley Collection is a PERFECT compliment to this paper pack!!

Supplies used: 
Papers: Sweetheart Level 2 Papers, Blush CS, Black CS, Baby Pink CS
Stamp Set used: Sweetheart Workshop on the Go Stamp Set
Inks: Black, Tulip, Blush
Embellishments: Black Mini Medley Collection
Card sizes: Top Card 3x6 Bottom Card 4 1/2 x 4 1/2

Thanks SO much for stopping by!  

I hope this has inspired you to do a little rockin' and rollin' with your favorite stamps!!  

I promise I will post a few more cards this week!  Maybe even get a few scrapbook pages in there too!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

jen

 

No comments: