Thursday, August 30, 2012

Moonlight Puzzle Piece Card

Happy Thursday All!!!  I am finally getting around to "playing" with the AWESOME new Artiste Cricut Cartridge and am LOVING all the new features and functions that this cartridge has!!!  One of the SUPER COOL features on this cartridge is the Puzzle pieces.  There are several different ways to cut out these pieces...

For my card, I used the square that cuts out 4 puzzle pieces.  There is another square that cuts out MORE pieces, a rectangle that cuts out puzzle pieces AND a super cute border with puzzle pieces.  These could be used for cutting photos, used to piece backgrounds OR just have random puzzle pieces adhered to your pages or cards.


My card is a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2.  I cut one 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 square 4 piece puzzle from the owl print and the same size square 4 piece puzzle from the dark Smokey Plum pattern.  This will actually make 2 cards when cut out and pieced together as you use 2 puzzle pieces per pattern per card.  Clear as mud?  LOL


The "sweet" little cupcake is from the stamp set "Pun Fun".  I stamped the image on my Colonial White card stock first, then stamped on 2 different patterned papers to create the cupcake paper and topping.  To finish it off, I added a little Liquid Applique and sprinkled a bit of Prisma Glitter then heated just till the Liquid Applique popped up, but NOT so the glitter dulls.  

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!  

I hope this has inspired you to check out the new Artiste Cartridge from Close to my Heart!!  It has opened up SO many creative possibilities for me...just think of what YOU can do with it!!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen

1 comment:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Thanks for posting this example of a puzzle piece card. I've seen it in the artiste handbook but hadn't been inspired to try it. I like your selection of colors--very halloweeny!
:) Marie