Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Distressed Version of Wild About Love Card

Because I really liked the way my card turned out that I entered over at Freshly Made Sketches using Balloon Ride papers and the Wild About Love February SOTM, I decided to re-create it by adding different embellishments and distressing the edges of the papers using Saddle Ink.

Putting these 2 cards side by side, I honestly cannot decide which one I like better.  The first card is clean with just a pop of glitter and a few accents.  The second card is all dirty and sparkly and full of different elements from the Brown Glitter Paper behind each of my layers to the birds flying off into the distance...


At first, I was not sure if the Brown Glitter Paper behind each layer was a bit overkill...but the more I looked at it with and without the glitter, I found that I liked the glitter better.  I think that the Burlap Ribbon and Hemp Baker's Twine help bring an earthy element to the glitz of the paper.  


Even this sweet little fox ended up with some Saddle Ink around her edges to help her stand out against the Crystal Blue CS used for the image background.  If you look close enough, I took 1 strand of the Baker's Twine and used it for the stem of the flower.  Adding it in addition to the Pink Glitter Gem gave a bit more dimension to the flower that I cut out of Creme Brulee CS and popped up.


The wooden heart on the stump and the birds in the upper right corner are from the Color Ready Trinkets Wooden Shapes.  I colored the heart with Sorbet ink, but left the birds the natural wood so they would bring the natural look of the Burlap Ribbon and Baker's twine to the upper part of the card.  I think it helps bring it all together!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

I hope that this has inspired you to take a card and challenge yourself to use the same sketch, papers and stamp set but add different elements to see how different they can end up looking!!  This was a SUPER FUN challenge for me...one that I just may end up doing again!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen 

No comments: