Saturday, February 15, 2014

My New Business Adventure

LONG before I fell in love with paper crafting, I fell in love with sewing!  When my daughter was about 1 year old, my good friend taught me how to sew.  That was almost 19 years ago and I have come a LONG way from the sweet little dress that I made for my Rachael to wear.

Since then, I have learned how to sew on zippers, make perfect (well, almost perfect) button holes, sew lace to lace, smock and hand embroider on timeless little girls dresses and baby boy bubbles.   I joined the world of machine embroidery where I embroidered on anything and everything I could think of!  Then when my kiddos were too old for handmade clothing and embroidered t-shirts and blankets, I discovered quilting.

AAHH QUILTING....Quilting reminds me of scrapbooking/card making.  Both crafts require you to start with something whole, cut it apart and re-assemble it to create something beautiful.  Both crafts allow you to leave a legacy to those that you cherish, your friends and family.

SO when I heard about My Lazy Daisy from my friend Stacey, I had to check it out, of course!  LOL  What I felt when I landed on the website was something VERY similar to when I discovered Close to my Heart.  It was LOVE at first sight!  The fabrics were SO FUN and CHEERY!  The quilt kits using the fabrics were ADORABLE and the patterns for the bags, tea towels and other sewing kits were fun yet practical!


Needless to say, I signed up to become a My Lazy Daisy consultant THAT SAME DAY and I wanted to share it with all of you...just in case you had not heard of it!  I received my kit this week and have been busy familiarizing myself with the contents and created my first project from one of the kits that was included in the consultant kit.


This is my VERY first try at a flower made from a 2 1/2 x 20 inch strip of fabric!  I think it turned out PRETTY DARN GOOD, if I do say so myself!!  LOL  This little Petal Pusher pin cushion took NO time at all to make and would be a GREAT gift for the quilter in your life.


Go ahead...I know you are curious...check it out at MyLazyDaisy.net/jenbennett and let me know what you think!!  I also have a facebook page facebook.com/jensscrappysewing where I will be posting my completed projects, monthly specials, classes and opportunities to host a Trunk Show.  

If you LOVE what you see, find out if there is a My Lazy Daisy consultant in your area.  If there is not, I would LOVE to talk to you about the AMAZING opportunities there are with this new and upcoming company that is truly unique!

Thanks for stopping by!!

I hope this has inspired you to learn more about the sewing/quilting world!  Whether you are new to it or experienced, My Lazy Daisy has something for everyone!

Happy Scrapping, Stamping and Sewing!!

Jen

No comments: