Thursday, January 22, 2009

Butterfly Wings gable box

I receive the Splitcoast Stampers Weekly Inkling today and this week's tutorial caught my eye. When I opened my e-mail this morning and saw this tutorial, I knew exactly what I was going to make for the monthly unit swap that I participate in. This will not be my submission, but I was pretty tickled with the way this turned out! I was thinking this would be a fun little box to put a few goodies in and give out at my gatherings and crops.

If you would like to see the tutorial so you can make your very own Gable Box, all you have to do is follow this link at Splitcoast Stampers. If you would like to have the Splitcoast Stampers Weekly Inkling sent to you all you have to do is go to Splitcoast Stampers and sign up! It is as easy as that!!


Here is my take on the Gable Box using a sneak peak stamp from Close to my Heart's Stamp of the Month for March: Butterfly Wings. If you would like to buy this stamp you will have to wait until March to do so. But don't wait too long because once the month is gone, the stamp set is gone too :(


I created the butterfly wing by stamping the image in VersaMark and then in Crystal Blue ink and embossing it with Fine Detail Embossing Powder. After the embossing cooled, I colored it in with my Cocoa marker and wiped off the excess marker from the embossed areas. I then cut out the wing and pop dotted it over the body of the butterfly for dimension. I did go over the body of the butterfly with my Cocoa marker to make it a little darker than the original stamped image.

All supplies are CTMH:
Stamp: March SOTM Butterfly Wings (available March 1st - 31st 2009)
Paper: Creative Basics Emporium
Ink: Crystal Blue and Cocoa
Embellishments: Cocoa Ribbon, Crytal Blue Brads and Twilight corduroy button.
Other supplies used: VersaMark, Fine Detail Embossing Powder

Hope I have inspired you to go create your own Gable Box!!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you come back to visit again!!

Jen

2 comments:

Jennifer Aviles said...

This is such a beautiful box! What a great project!

jacque4u2c said...

I love this, it is just so cute.