Sunday, June 20, 2010

Use What You Have......


Did I mention that my upline has me on a kick of USING WHAT I HAVE??  She has been on a roll lately and as I mentioned in my earlier post....I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!!  I am a collector....I get such a rush when I receive that beautiful Close to my Heart box being delivered to my doorstep!  It truly has become a sickness/addiction for me lately....THERAPY is what I like to call it. 

Speaking of therapy....I am completely serious!  I am in a place in my life/faith that I NEVER thought I would be in.  Who da thunk that one night of bowling with friends would have turned out the way it did (no one died, nothing as serious as that).  BUT I won't bore you with the details.  Just that my life has not been the same.  Although I will say that I believe that things happen for a reason.....  To deal with what has happened, I have turned to my passion.  Scrapbooking and Stamping.  This is my saving grace and when I am in my beautiful scraproom I am at peace. 

One more note, I have the MOST AMAZING group of friends that attend my monthly Friday scrapbook group, and they have been such a HUGE support system for me.  I am truly blessed to have them in my life!  Thank you guys!! 

OK Enough of the mushy stuff and let's get onto the card that I created this morning.  I was visiting Becky Roberts blog Inking Idaho and saw this super sweet card that she had created.  I LOVED the simplicity of it and knew that I needed to recreate it using WHAT I HAVE!



Here is an upclose shot of the flower.  I used the Fancy Cuts Botanicals that I had purchased when they first came out, which I had NOT used until just NOW!  I LOVED the way it turned out once I distressed the edges with scissors and ink and then curled the edges with the wooden stick that comes with the Rub-Ons. 



Supplies used:
Paper: Colonial White CS, Juniper CS
Stamp Set: Thanks
Ink: Creme Brulee, Juniper, Spring Iris
Embellishments: Creme Brulee Ribbon, Spring Iris Brads, Fancy Cuts Botanicals
Tools: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, SU! Border Punch, Scissors for distressing

Thanks for stopping by!!

I hope that I have once again inspired you to USE WHAT YOU HAVE!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen


3 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Very cute card. Really like how you used that embossing folder and "dressed it up" with the brads.

Unknown said...

Cute card! Thanks for the reminder on using what I have...I have the same problem of buying and buying and then not using.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Cute card! I am a collector too. I really need to use what I have and I have a ton. I wish I had more time to create. It has been on my to do list for the longest time and I still haven't gotten around to making something. One of these days it will happen!