Thursday, December 18, 2008

Art and Soul.....Have you watched this web show yet?

If you have not watched Art and Soul on CTMH TV, you really need to! This is a great program that highlights a project, shows you step by step how to create it and then offers you a discount on the products used to create the project!! Plus after the featured project, there is a ton of tips and techniques for card making, scrapbooking and paper crafting. Each show only runs approximately 12-15 minutes which makes it much easier to find the time to watch!




The latest show features this card using the My Reflections Perfect Day paper pack, My Acrylix Life's Creation, Sorbet Ribbon Collection and the Spring Blossom Mini-Medley. In this show they will show you step by step how to create this gorgeous card. And to make it even easier for you to create it after you have watched the show, there are detailed instructions that you can print out and use when you are not sitting at your computer. Now, I will tell you that I did not follow the instructions EXACTLY for my card. Instead of machine stitching around the edge of the card and the accent piece, I just used my paper piercer and poked holes for a little added accent.

Also, if you don't have the Originals Card Confidence Program that the sketch and template for this card come from, you can easily use a round object like a quarter or a button to trace around to get the look of the accent piece. Although, I would highly recommend that if you don't have this amazing book, that you look into investing in one. I am always referring back to my Originals book for inspiration. Whether it is for a card sketch or to see how certain embellishments are used or to use one of the many tips and techniques that are featured in the book, I always find exactly what I am looking for!

So, what are you waiting for? Hop on over to CTMH TV to watch the latest episode and while you are there, maybe get caught up on the previously aired shows! A new show will air on Tuesday December 23rd, 2008. So, mark your calender and then tune in every other Tuesday for a new show!

All supplies used for this card are Close to my Heart:
Paper: My Reflections Perfect Day
Stamp: Life's Creation
Inks: Cocoa (for distressing) Juniper and Tulip
Embellishments: Spring Blossom Mini-Medley and Sorbet Ribbon Rounds Collection
Technique: Paper Piercing and Rock 'n Roll

If you do happen to take the 12-15 minutes to watch any of the Art and Soul episodes, please leave a comment and tell me what you think of the program, likes and dislikes! I would really love to hear your thoughts!

I hope that I have inspired you in some way today!

Thanks for stopping by

Jen