Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Decorative Machine Stitching on Cards? Who Knew?

For this card, I pulled out my top of the line (in 1998) Bernina 180e sewing machine and decided I would try one of the many different decorative stitch's my machine has, for a little something different. I started at the edge of my paper and held my breath as the machine started stitching away. It was much easier than I thought it was going to be and I ended up stitching on bothe the top and the bottom of the card. For the rest of the card...... The flowers are sponged with Cranberry Ink to match the flowers on the paper and have 4 Colonial White Bitty Brads and 1 regular sized brad for the centers. The center of each button was sewn with the matching embroidery thread. I sponged around the card and the image piece with both Cranberry and Desert Sand ink and the rest of the papers have Desert Sand sponged around the edges.

I have been busy this week getting ready for a Mystery Hostess Night on Friday where we will be making 4 scrapbook pages using the My Reflections Everlasting paper pack from CTMH. In getting ready for this event, I have been creating cards, pages and dimensional items to showcase each of the papers in the kit and show how versitle this pack really is. Both cards from today and the one I posted previously were created for this purpose. And as much as I love how all of the projects are turning out, I think I need a break from these colors! I need something a little more bright and cheery!!

For this card, I used the Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge #206 and just HAD to pull out my Fun Times stamp set back out to use these adorable jumping frogs! I stamped each frog 2 times, once in 1st generation and once in 2nd generation, to get the lighter shade of Ponderosa Pine. I cut out the middle section of the frog and adhered it to the main body after it was cut. I just could not resist putting bitty sparkles on the spots of the frogs back! For the sentiment, I used Happy Day! and covered the a with a red sparkle to make it look like Hoppy Day!

All supplies used are Close to my Heart:

Paper: My Reflections Everlasting
Stamps: Fun Times and Delight in Everything
Ink: Ponderosa Pine, Cranberry and Desert Sand
Accessories: Bitty sparkles, red sparkle, Colonial White buttons from the Holiday button collection, Just Blooms White Daisy and Mini Medley Shades of Chocolate (mini flowers)

Thanks for stopping by!

Jen

No comments: