Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How about another couple of scrapbook pages??

I am on a roll lately! Not only am I getting pages made, but I am journaling on them with my own handwriting. I know that does not sound like much of an accomplishment, but for me it is! I am still NOT thrilled with the way my handwriting looks. But all of the scrapbook experts say that it is better to journal in your own writing than it is to have it printed because it preserves that part of you.

I actually prefer to print it out for a couple of reasons. ONE is that it LOOKS so much neater!! TWO is because I can say so much more when I type it out, versus when I hand write it. I guess that is where hidden journaling would come into play. HHHMMM Maybe I will have to play around with more of that and try to focus on hand writing my journaling.


These pictures were taken of my son 4 1/2 years ago. I have a hard time looking back at these photos because both of my kids have grown so much in just a short period of time. My son is now almost 12 and is almost as tall as me. My daughter will be 15 in April and will be passing me up here shortly. It kills me to look at these photos to see how she went from still looking like a little girl, to looking like a young woman in such a short period of time. BOO HOOOOO


These photos were takes around the same time as my son's. The baby that Rachael is holding is my nephew Merek. He will be turning 5 this May.


Anyhoo.....on to the papers and embellishments used in these pages. The page with my son was made using CTMH Sarsaparilla papers, Winter Cozy Mini-Medley ribbon slides, black Love Letters Rub-Ons and SU! black ribbon.

The page with my daughter and nephew was made using CTMH Blue Ribbon papers and Stickease, Cranberry Bitty Brads and Photo Clip from the Holiday Mini-Medley collection, Outdoor Denim button from the Autumn button collection, Cranberry and Colonial White buttons from the Holiday button collection, Cranberry and Outdoor Denim Ribobn and last but not least Cranberry Waxy Flax.

Thanks for stopping by!!

I hope that you have found some sort of inspiration today!!

Jen

No comments: