Tuesday, June 15, 2010

CTMH 6x6 Board Book and Topstitch Level 1 Scrapbook Kit

I don't make too many mini albums.  I LOVE the way they turn out, but when I scrapbook I like to have my photos all in my 12x12 albums.  Not sure why....guess I am a creature of habit.  BUT I have to tell you, I REALLY liked the way this board book turned out!  I took it with me to my brother's house the other day to show my family the pics of my dd and nephews from 14 years ago.  It was a HUGE hit!

Which gave me the idea to make one for my parents of their 48th anniversary party that we had at my brother's on Sunday.  I am waiting on another board book and a couple of different Level 1 Scrapbook Kits to get here so I can get started on another one!!

For this Board Book I used the Topstitch Level 1 Scrapbook Kit and cut each of the 4 pre-made LO's into 4ths.  So you have 16  6x6 pieces of paper.  You only need 12 for the book.  The other 4 you can make into 6x6 cards OR cut them down to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  I did use the other cardstock and printed paper that comes with the kit, but you will still have a TON left over to make cards or other projects with.

On to the book......















Supplies used:
Paper: My Reflections Level 1 Topstitch scrapbook kit
Ink: Chocolate
Embellishments: Sparkles
Board Book CTMH

Thanks for stopping by!!

I hope that I have inspired you to make a mini album!  Close to my Heart has several different "Mini" books that are 6x6.  Check them out online either on my website www.lovinscrappin.myctmh.com OR on your favorite CTMH consultant's website!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen

6 comments:

Gretel said...

What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Very cute idea Jen!

Cindy said...

Neat. Never thought of using my pre-made level 1 papers for a 6x6 book. Thanks for the idea.

Jennifer said...

Thanks SO much for the compliments guys!! My upline had a 6x6 album made from a Level 1 paper pack about 6 years ago.....I had completely forgot about until this last weekend.....the cool thing is the board books are PERFECT for the 6x6 cuts!

Unknown said...

OMG! this album is fantastic. I love the cover page. thanks for the info on how you cut the level 1 pages into 4ths great idea.

Pamela OConnor said...

This is by far the cutest board book I've seen so far! Great job!