Friday, April 20, 2012

A couple of cards using Cracked Glass Technique

There are some techniques that I fall in love with, create a bunch of stuff using it and forget about it once I learn the next cool technique.  That was the case with this technique.  I was going through my scrapbook room, you know doing the quarterly clean out, and ran across something that had this technique used on it.  SO I thought I would give it a try with this new stamp set from CTMH "Quick Cards Butterfly" and the GORGEOUS paper from "Florentine".


 Honestly, I am not even sure if this is the correct name for the technique.  BUT we are going to call it Cracked Glass for this post!  For this technique, you need Versa Mark, Clear Detail Embossing Powder and a Heat Gun.  Simple so far!  After you have stamped your favorite image on a piece of CS, you will cover the ENTIRE piece of CS with Versa Mark...then pour the Embossing Powder all over the top so you have a nice layer of powder covering the entire piece of CS.  Heat until melted.  Repeat the VersaMark and Embossing Powder step again.  Heat until melted.  This time, while the embossing powder is melted and still hot, cover again with embossing powder, heat till melted and repeat these steps until you have about 5-7 layers of embossing powder.  


Once you have the number of layers that you like on your image, let it cool completely.  I have seen where some will put it in their freezer to speed up the cooling process.  Once completely cooled you will very gently fold the image until the embossed layers start to crack.  You can crack it as little or as much as you would like!  After I cracked mine, I added a bit more ink to the top, so as to get into the cracks and around the edges....for  a more antiqued look.

I am sure there are youtube tutorials out there on how to create this technique.  I just don't have time right now to post a tutorial!  BUT I hope that you were inspired to try this technique out if not for the first time, maybe revisit the technique with new papers and embellies that you have in your stash!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen


2 comments:

Amy said...

This is really neat Jen! What a fun technique to use. Since I'm not a card maker, this would be a fun element to incorporate into a scrap page.

Deb Bahr said...

Stinking cute card Jen!