Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April Card Class - Pemberley

I am starting my VERY FIRST monthly card class THIS month!!  A brief story as to how I was coerced into starting a monthly card class.  At the beginning of March, while away at a weekend scrapping retreat with a bunch of my girlfriends, my AMAZING friends BEGGED me to start a card class.  They had attended my scrapbook groups for 4 years (since I started) and were a bit burned out, not to mention that they had stacks of group pages that still needed photos put on them.  BUT they did not want to stop taking classes altogether.  SO they told me that if I started a card class they would join!  I was hesitant as I had only held scrapbook groups, not card groups.  They would NOT take NO for an answer.  SO this is what I came up with....

I chose the paper pack "Pemberley" to start my first card class with.  I LOVE this paper pack as it can be both masculine and feminine at the same time.  The blue hues along with the subtle yellows and tans are SO calming to me.  Even though there are flowers, they are not too girly to give to a guy!

We will be making 2 each of the following 4 cards.  I used the "Pemberley" WOTG kit along with a few extra stamp sets to create the cards.


The sentiment on the first card comes from the "Hooray Bouquet" stamp set .  The flower along with the 2 circles in the center were cut using the "Art Philosophy" Cricut Cartridge.  You can also STAMP the flower using one of the cute flowers in the "Hooray Bouquet" stamp set.


The 2nd card uses the stamp set "Play Day".  To create the "brushed" look on the image, I swiped the stamp across the stamp pad.  EASY PEASY!  The ink just naturally pools at the edge of the image, depending on how hard you press when you swipe across.


The 3rd card uses the stamp set that comes in the "Pemberley" WOTG kit.  The flower was stamped first on Colonial White CS in Desert Sand Ink the again on the patterned paper from the kit.  I cut out both images, but only the top of the flower for the 2nd image, then pieced and pop dotted the whole image for dimension.  


The 4th and final card is my 2nd favorite!  The first being the one right above this one!  The sentiment is from the "Thanks" Stamp set.  There is only 1 image in this set for the LOW price of just $6.95!  There are SO many things you can do with this ONE stamp!  LOVE IT!!!  

SO there you have it....my FIRST set of cards for my FIRST monthly card class!  I am SO STINKING  EXCITED for it to start next Monday!!  

Thanks for stopping by!!  

I hope that this has inspired you to start your OWN card class!  Maybe you have been thinking about starting one, but you were not sure how you were going to do it, or if you were creative enough to come up with cards that your customers would like to make.  ALL I CAN SAY IS IF I CAN DO IT....SO CAN YOU!!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!!

Jen

No comments: