Thursday, April 5, 2012

I'm BACK!!!

First of all, I would like to apologize for my absence over the past several months.  While I have not been posting here to my blog, I have been posting to my Meetup.com group site Scrappin' and Stampin' Made Easy but Beautiful which has kept me fairly busy!  Which is a GREAT thing!!!  BUT I have had a few of my blog followers ask if I would also update here as well.  SO I AM!!

If you noticed at the top of my blog I have added a second page.  This is where I will be adding my upcoming crops, workshops and scrapbook group events.  If you would like to attend one of my events, please visit my Meetup.com group site to RSVP.  All of my Meetups are arranged by date first then the time of the meetup.  

I am going to start with my most recent card that I created using Close to my Heart's "Art Philosophy" Cricut Cartridge.  Did you know that this cartridge has a card function that cuts out an image from the front of the card??  It DOES!!!  When I first discovered this function, I have to be honest, I was not exactly sure how I was going to decorate around a whole in the middle of my card.  But let me tell you this...once I figured out HOW I was going to cover it, I fell in love with this function!!


For this card, I cut out 4 cards using 4 different papers from the "Florentine" paper pack.  The base for my card was cut in Vanilla Cream CS.  The second was the Creme Brulee patterned paper,  the third was the Twilight patterned paper and the 4th was the floral print patterned paper.  

You might think that it would be wasting too much paper to cut out all those cards....Well maybe you are right!  LOL  But I was "playing" around trying to find just the right combo of colors, so ended up cutting out 4 different cards.  It really is not a waste if you were to cut out 4 card bases using Vanilla Cream CS and use each of the left over parts to create 4 different cards using the same cut out.  Clear as mud??  LOL


The placement of the trees and house on the inside of the card is EASY PEASY.  Just close the card and use the front as a template to stick your trees and house into.  Maybe I will do a photo tutorial to SHOW you how I did it....kind of hard to explain with just words.  

ANYHOO....Thanks SO much for stopping by and for sticking around for this long!!

I hope that this has inspired you to play around with some of the FUN functions on the "Art Philosophy" Cricut Cartridge from Close to my Heart!!  

Happy Stamping and Scrapping!!

Jen



No comments: