Thursday, September 1, 2016

September SOTM - Blessed Beyond Measure - Blog Hop

Hello!!  Happy September 1st!!  Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop.  We will be featuring September's Stamp of the Month, "Blessed Beyond Measure".  I just love the sayings in this set!!  If you have come here from Alyson Mayo's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog



This month we have 31 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs!!  This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Ready, Set, GO!!




A little bit about my card.  I volunteered last month to create a project for my Upline's team meeting, using this stamp set.  Little did I know I had signed up for the next team meeting which was only 2 weeks away and my upline needed the supply list a week before the team meeting!  SO I got busy creating and this took NO time at all to come up with!  




I used the color palette from the NEW Swan Lake paper pack as inspiration for the colors in this card.  I used Fern, Poppy and Goldrush.  I cut the leaf from the coordinating Cricut Artbooking Cartridge, but cut it 1/4" larger than it calls for.  Then using Poppy, Goldrush and Fern inks, I sponged color onto the leaf, stamped the image with Fern Ink and added liquid glass on top to brighten it up and make it pop!  The "wood grain" was made with CTMH's new Wood Grain embossing folder, then using a rubber brayer, inking over the top with Fern Ink, just to make it stand out a bit.

Don't you just LOVE this saying??  It doesn't even need to be on a "fall" like card!  Makes you sit back and think about not always wanting for more than we have and to be grateful for the things we do have.  

OK!!  Now "Hop" on over to Haley Dyer's blog to see her work! Be sure to visit ALL the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the September SOTM is only available until September 30th!  Contact your CTMH Consultant (or click here) to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount!  Who doesn't love a discount??  LOL

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!  

I hope this inspires you to try out this technique!  It's SO much fun to do!!  LOL

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen

10 comments:

Kathy Burrows said...

Lovely card, I especially like the woodgrain embossing.

123 flames said...

Beautiful card! Love the embossing!

Haley D. said...

It definitely feels like fall with this pretty card!

Lauren said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love that embossed background.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love that embossed background. Perfect backdrop for the lovely fall leaves.
:) Marie

Brenda Lapp said...

Fantastic card! I love the inking on the leaf and embossing.

Unknown said...

Very pretty-the colours and embossing are lovely.

Darlys said...

Awesome card. I love the wood grain, inking of the leaf and even the tiny jute tied to the stem.

Cat Nowak said...

Love the way you inked the woodgrain. Great card.

Jennifer said...

OH MY GOSH!! Thank you ALL for such sweet compliments!! Makes my heart happy!!