Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pillowcase Dress Made into a Pillowcase for ME!

Yesterday, I sat down to put together the Pillowcase Dress Kits that I purchased from My Lazy Daisy.  Thank goodness I had watched Val sew the Minky Pillowcase a couple of weeks ago, or I may have been a bit lost as to how it was all supposed to come together.  Then again, maybe it was a BAD thing to have watched her assemble it as when it came to sewing the side to form the dress version, I ended up sewing the bottom as well.

After realizing that the pillowcase DRESS had just become a pillowcase...I REALLY LIKED IT as it was....a PILLOWCASE!  SO I finished it and put it on my pillow, instead of taking the seam out and completing it as a dress.



It is hard to tell from the picture, but there is a 1 1/4" band that goes between the striped fabric and the floral fabric.  I LOVE this extra touch and will be adding it to all of my pillowcase projects from here on out.  

I don't know about you, but I don't use pillowcases that coordinate with my sheets.  It's not that I don't have any, it's just thatI spend a LOT of time on my pillow and I want it to be FUN and personal.  Not to mention, my hubby and I have the same pillow, so to keep them straight, I have always had to put different pillowcases on them to tell them apart!!  LOL  SO why not have a personalized pillowcase??  When the kids were little, I embroidered their names on the edges of the pillow and sewed Ric Rac at the seam to add a bit more color to them.  

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

I hope that this has inspired you to go get some fabric and make yourself a pillowcase so you too can have something fun to sleep on!! 

Happy Crafting!!

Jen

No comments: