Sunday, December 18, 2016

Origami Shadow Box Fold Cards - Jar of Love

Origami Shadow Box Fold Cards


OH MY GOODNESS!!  I just LOVE the way these cards turned out and how STINKING SIMPLE they were to create!!  I also like the look of the monochromatic color schemes.  I am TOTALLY making MORE of these to send out to my friends and family!!

Since I don't have my video space ready yet, I decided to do a pic tutorial to show you how to make the folds to create this.  

Step 1.  For MY card, I used a 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 piece of two sided paper.  You are going to score your paper at 1 7/8 on one side and again on the other side.  Basically you are going to score/fold it in half on both sides.


Step 2.  You are going to fold the edges into the center of the paper.  This is where the score lines come in handy.  It helps you find the center a little easier.


Make sure you know which side of the paper you want folded out before you start folding.


Step 3.  Now you are going to take the corners in the center of the square and fold them back towards the edge of the square.


Step 4.  Turn paper over and add adhesive to the outer edges of the fold, so it doesn't flop open.  I did NOT adhere the front flaps down, as I liked the dimension it gave with them popped open a bit.


Step 5.  Add a 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 piece of Whisper White CS to the center and stamp your sentiment.  


I put my Origami Shadow Box Fold onto the largest Scalloped Square from the Layering Squares Framelits Die set.  Which is why my paper started at 3 3/4 x 3 3/4.  The final square for my "shadow box" was 2 5/8 x 2 5/8.  You can start with a larger piece of paper, if you would like to use a bigger sentiment in the center.  

Dimensions: 
Whisper White CS - 4 1/4 x 11 (scored at 5 1/2), 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 (for scalloped square), 1 1/4 x 1 1/4, scraps for fish/flowers.
Pool Party/Calypso Coral CS - 4 x 5 1/4
Pool Party/Calypso Coral DSP Stack - 3 3/4 x 3 3/4


Stampin Up! Supplies Used: 



Thanks SO much for stopping by today!!

Hope this has inspired you to give this a try!!  I promise it was SUPER simple to make and looks like you spent FOREVER on it, when you really didn't!!

Happy Stampin' Up!

Jen

No comments: