Saturday, February 20, 2010

Go Huskers!!! A couple of pages.....


Back in September my Aunt Judy and Uncle Trey came to visit from Oklahoma. While they were visiting, my sister had us all over to watch the Nebraska Huskers game that was on that weekend. Now, I am not a huge Huskers fan. Don't get me wrong, I like to watch a good game.....BUT I like getting together for the conversation, food and drinks that go along with the game!

My Aunt, like my grandma did and I do, LOVES taking pictures. So, when she was visiting she took a TON of pics not only during the football game but of her entire visit with my parents too. As she was leaving I asked if she would please put the pics that she took on a disk when she developed (she still has a 35 mil. camera) the pics she had taken and mail it to me. WELL, much to my surprise, she printed and snail mailed the whole 2 rolls that she took while she was here!

So, this last week I worked on putting the pics from my sis's on some scrapbook pages. These were a work in progress.....I would work on them for a little, then leave them for a night, come back to them the next day and add a little something else.....until I had the result that I was looking for.

Without further ado.......here they are! So sorry about the glare.....I usually don't take pictures of my scrapbook pages with the Memory Protectors on them, but I had to since I had the flip flaps added to the top of my protectors.




I used Close to my Heart's Flip Flaps to create the flappy things at the bottom of the pages. They come in a 4x6, but I wanted to fit one over my 4 inch square photo. So, I took my faithful old Bernina sewing machine and sewed around the photo to create a 4x4 Flip Flap! I then added a little ribbon and brad for a tab to open them and added cardstock on the back to cover the back of the brad.




The lettering is created with Close to my Heart's Dimensional Elements Monograms. I covered them with Cranberry Cardstock and filed them down with CTMH's Finishing Files. If you cover any chipboard items with paper, the Finishing Files are a MUST own! There are 3 different styles, a square shaped file, a round one and one that is flat on one side and curved on the other.

Lastly, I used the Game On paper pack with Cranberry Cardstock added for color! I am really TRYING to use what I have.....SO as I was trying to figure out which paper to use with these pics I remembered I had quite a bit of the Game On paper pack left. I LOVE the way it turned out!!

Hoping to have another couple of pages finished this week using more pictures on a page than I ever have! Here's to trying out new things!! LOL

Thanks for stopping by!

Hope to have inspired you to add some extra dimension to your pages by either adding Flip Flaps to add more photos to your layout OR by getting some chipboard letters or frames to decorate.......

Jen

No comments: