Saturday, February 27, 2010

Quilted Fold Technique


As I was browsing through the Close to my Heart BB for consultants, I found this beautiful page that was created by scoring and folding paper to look like a quilted page. I knew as soon as I saw it that I was going to NEED to recreate it!

I chose to use the "Felicity" papers that were the National Paper Crafting special for CTMH in January because I had extra paper packs and needed to use them up! LOL I figured if I messed up too badly that it would not be with the one and only piece of paper that I had left!


It is hard to tell in the photo, but I added a Chocolate Rub-On border on the Barn Red outer border. The center frame is a dimensional element from CTMH also. I covered it with the matching paper, cut around it and sanded the edges smooth, then inked to soften.

This page will not be going in my scrapbook though. It will be framed and given to my niece who is in the photo with her mom (my SIL). My SIL has been fighting uterine leiomyosarcoma for the past 18 months where it has moved to her liver. She is doing well and has started a new treatment that has been known to be successful in treating sarcoma cancers.

The directions for this technique can be found at DIY network.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hope to have inspired you to add a little quilting to your scrapbook pages!

Jen

No comments: