Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Card Re-Visited

I know that I have posted before about re-visiting old cards that you have created and re-doing them with new papers and embellishments.  But maybe you are new here.  SO Let me explain a bit.  Have you ever created a card that you just LOVE??  You know, the one that you keep going back to and saying to yourself "WOW That's such a cute card!"  Why not re-create it using different papers, embellishments and stamps?  I do!!

That is what I have done with this one.  However, I was not exactly thrilled with the Real Red cardstock that I used as the base of the card and the square for the sentiment.  Last card I created using Washi Tape using this LO, I had matching CS and Washi Tape.  BUT since I don't have the coordinating CS for my Washi Tape, I used a color to match the red in Santa's suit.  It's cute and all, just think it would pop a bit more if I used a coordinating color for the Santa & Co. Designer Washi Tape.  Guess I'll just have to re-make it when I have the coordinating cs colors on Monday!!

Without further ado....my card!


I just LOVE the chunky Natural and Old Olive Two-Tone Trim that is featured in the SU! Holiday Catalog!!  It really adds a pop of color down the side of the card!  I stamped the image onto Whisper White CS two times.  One I colored and cut out to pop up onto the first image I stamped.  I only cut out the Santa suit, leaving the top of the hanger and the boots for my first layer.  I just love the added dimension this gives to my stamped images!!  


Like the last card, I used the Aqua Painter along with Real Red and Old Olive Ink to color in my Santa suit and the present in the corner.  This really comes in handy when you don't have any or all of the markers to coordinate with the designer papers that you purchased.  

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!

Hope this inspires you to pull out one of your favorite cards and re-create it using NEW papers, embellies and stamps!!

Happy Stampin' Up!!

Jen

No comments: