Friday, November 14, 2014

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

What's the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT you might ask??  Well, here it is....drumroll please....  I have recently joined Stampin' Up!  YUP you read it right!!  This might come as a surprise to you all, but I have been tossing the idea around for a little over a year now.

There have been a LOT of changes in my life over the past 7 months, like leaving my marriage of 25 years in April and filing for divorce in June, going back to school FULL TIME at the age of 43, plus recently leaving the company that I was a consultant for, for 8 1/2 years and joining SU!

All of these changes, while difficult, have made me a much stronger and more determined person!!  I LOVE school and have learned SO much about myself in the process.  Who knew I could be a straight A student after not being in school since I was almost 16!!!  WOW!!  I even surprised myself with that one!

Joining SU! came after not paper crafting for almost 7 months.  Just did not have it in me.  BUT I am finding my happy place again and my creative mojo is coming back to me.  I really can't wait to share with you all my new found love for SU!  Not that it really is a new found love, because I have always loved the products and purchased them even when I was a consultant for CTMH.  BUT I am rediscovering their papers, punches, dies, stamps, ribbons and embellies!!  OH BOY!!  I am in trouble...there is not much that I DON'T want out of the catalog!!

SO on to some art....  I created this card using my FAVORITE sketch blog Mojo Monday and thought it turned out pretty sweet!  Gotta LOVE this little santa from the Get Your Santa On stamp set in the Holiday Catalog!!!  The DP is Santa & Co. that is also featured in the Holiday catalog.



I colored in Santa using the Aqua Painter and Real Red ink.  I have LIMITED supplies right now, so am working with what I picked out for my demonstrator kit.  Good new is...I have a fresh shipment of goodies coming on Monday!!  


This pic is a little blurry, but wanted to show you that by using the Aqua Painter and Real Red ink, I was not only able to color Santa's suit, I also colored in his face!  I just bled out most of the ink onto extra paper, then brushed lightly in his face and it turned out kind of flesh colored!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!  

I hope this has inspired you to follow me on my new journey with Stampin' UP!

Can't wait to share more with you all!!  

Happy Stampin' Up!

Jen


No comments: