Sunday, November 16, 2014

White Christmas

It snowed here in Omaha ALL day yesterday!!  It was a pretty snow.  Until you went outside to drive anywhere!  LOL  It was a soft snow, but left the roads super slick.  SO as long as you didn't have anywhere to go, it was peaceful to sit inside looking out, with a cup of hot cocoa or hot coffee in hand.  We even called for pizza to be delivered so we didn't have to leave the house last night!  

I wanted to play along with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge this week, BUT I ended up using the distressing tool to the edges of the Whisper White CS cuz it made it look "frosty" and went along with the snow theme of the card.  


Overall, I am pleased with the way it turned out.  However, it feels a bit top heavy to me.  Guess it's ok to leave part of the card "plain".  I got to play with the White Christmas stamp set finally!!  I LOVE the little car, snowman, polar bear and dear that you can add to the center of the trees.  There is even a banner that says Merry Christmas that fits between the trees as well.  Add a couple of little birds to put in the trees and it ends up being a super versatile stamp set!!  I have to admit though, the sentiments in this stamp set were a bit big for the space I had...SO I used a sentiment from the Get Your Santa On set.


Once again, I used the Aqua Painter to color the car and the trees.  I added probably more glitter than I should have, but I do love me all things sparkly!!  Paper used is from Santa & Co. plus Basic Black and Whisper White CS.  Ribbon is Whisper White Seam Binding Ribbon.  I LOVE having ribbon to play with again!!  The twine in the center is the Neutral and Old Olive Baker's Twine with the Neutral removed.  I just wanted a touch of green...so separating the Neutral from the Old Olive allowed me to do just that!!

Thanks SO much for stopping by today!!  

Hope this inspires you to create a snow scene or just get out your new goodies from the SU! Holiday catalog and just play!!  Especially if you were lucky enough to have a fresh blanket of snow covering the ground today as you woke up!!

Happy Stampin' Up!

Jen


No comments: