Tuesday, May 4, 2010

AWESOME FLOWER TUTORIAL.....

I ran across this awesome tutorial over at Patty's Stamping Spot where she shows how to create this awesome paper flower using a paper crimper.

For my flower, I used a corner rounder without the guard and scalloped the edges. For the leaves, I used my 1 1/4 inch punch as shown below.....

The center flower is about 3 inches around.  So, I made the card a 6x6 and used a card pattern from Originals.  The flowers up the left side, corner flourish, word bloom and words on the stem are all from the CTMH Primavera Rub-Ons.  Talk about easy!  I added a few sparkles in the centers of the flowers for a little bling.


I followed the leaf instructions up until Patty cuts them out by hand.  I used my 1 1/4 inch punch instead and then inked them in Sweet Leaf for a bit more dimension.


  You can make the leaves different sizes depending on where you put them into the punch.....



Supplies used for this project are all CTMH (unless noted):

Paper: Cherry-O stripe, Crystal Blue CS, Tulip CS, Colonial White CS and Chocolate CS
Inks: Chocolate, Tulip
Embellishments: Sweet Leaf ribbon, Bitty Sparkles, Primavera Rub-Ons
Tools used: Paper Crimper (non ctmh) and 1 1/4 inch punch available now from CTMH!!

Thanks for stopping by!! 

I hope this inspires you to check out the flower/leaf tutorial and give it a try!  I really had fun creating this flower and will be making many more!  Maybe in different sizes too!

Happy Scrappin' and Stampin'

Jen

2 comments:

Cindy said...

nice. Tulip is now my new favorite stamp pad color.

Jennifer said...

thanks cindy! Yeah, tulip is a great color. It can be red when you need it and a dark pink also....