Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 21st Scrapbook Group Pages

I LOVE the You Rock paper pack!!  These are the pages that we will be making in group this month.  This  paper pack was SO much fun to work with and can easily be used for SO many different subjects.  It is a lot like Caboodle in that it is SO stinkin' versatile!!  This month instead of using the My Reflections Stickease that coordinate with this paper pack, we are using the Rockin' Top Coats.  Everyone will get a FULL package with their kits to use on their pages.


I have to take a moment and reflect a bit on these 2 pages with my now x-SIL and my nephew Cody.  Do you have friends or family that have come and gone in your life that you are no longer friends with, but you still have amazing memories of times spent together and the photos to along with them?  What do you do when that happens?  Do you stop scrapping because things ended not so good?  I wanted to!  But, I started thinking that just because they are not in my life NOW, does not mean that the memories I had THEN were not good ones.  They were.  So scrap them and relive the GOOD times through the pages!!  Even though these pages make me sad now..... I know that I was happy when I took the photos.

One more thought.....when my daughter saw these pages of Tee and Cody she gave a big sigh and with a tear in her eye she said how much she missed her aunt tee.......absolutely heartbreaking.


I did use a few of the My Reflections You Rock Stickease on these 2 pages along with the Rockin' Top Coats for my title and a few accents.  These pictures are of my FIL's retirement party 10 years ago.  And he truly felt "Wild & Free"!!

The pics on the photos below are of my side of the family!  These photos are from the Nebraska Football Game party that I posted a few months back.  Just getting around to scrapping the rest of the pics that my Aunt Judy took while she was vising.


Lastly, I am going to show my group girls how you can use 1 sheet of paper to cover an entire 12x12 page AND use paper from the same piece on the 2nd LO.  This was a technique that I was taught way back when I attended group at my upline Shari's.  I honestly had forgotten all about it until I was making these pages.  I thought, darn!  I don't have enough of the multi dot paper to create both pages!  AAHHH but with a little creative cutting with the trimmer, VWLAH, I do now!!  LOL

Supplies used on these LO's:

Paper: You Rock
Stamps: Cocktail Alphabet, Just be You (from the wotg kit)
Inks: Outdoor Denim, Indian Corn Blue, Honey and Goldrush
Embellishments: Outdoor Denim Mini Medley, Rockin' Top Coats and My Reflections You Rock Stickease

Thanks for stopping by!!

I hope that I have inspired you to get out the photos good times gone by and scrap them despite the relationship that you have now with those in the photos.  It can be very therapeutic......

Happy Scrappin' and Stampin'!!

Jen

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Love that paper, it makes great looking layouts.
Can't wait till the 22nd and we'll compare notes about your post.

Jennifer said...

looking forward to it!!