Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Gift Certificate Holder in Cherry-O

About a month ago, I found this SUPER cute gift certificate holder that a very talented CTMH consultant had made using Veranda for a customer of hers.  This came at a time that I was in need of a gift certificate for a friend of mine that was going to use it for a raffle.

The original gift certificate holder was a bit longer as she had used a gift certificate that she had made ( I am guessing).   Well, CMTH already has one made up that I just had to download and print!  Does not get much easier than that!!  After just a little measuring, I made one to fit the one that CTMH created for us to use.


The dimensions for my version are 7 X 10 3/4.  Score at 3.5, 4.5, 5.5, 9 and 9.5 .  The original length of paper was 12 inches.  This is what you will use if you don't want to scallop your front edge in a different color that the rest of the holder.  Clear as mud?  LOL  I will explain a bit more below......


This is what the side of the holder will look like.  The bottom should be folded on the score lines to resemble a W.  The top of the Cherry Paper front will go directly under the flap and should meet at the top of it.  I used a small magnet (Basic Grey, I think) to secure the flap to the front.  The magnet went under my flower and under the paper on the front.


As you can see I have my Colonial White CS cut a bit shorter than the scalloped edge.  This is because I wanted to use Chocolate for my scalloped edge and the only way I could find to accomplish this was to cut the Colonial White shorter than the Chocolate.  This is the reason that my version is 10 3/4 in length and not 12 inches.

I also used CTMH's Soft Set Eyelet tool and eyelets to attach my chocolate ribbon handle.  As you can see from the photo, I just knotted the ribbon and fed it through and knotted it again.  Easy Peasy!!  My gift card is attached with a bit of adhesive on all 4 corners.

If you know of anyone that would LOVE to receive the gift of scrapbook/stamping supplies, contact me and I will customize a gift certificate holder for you!!  Or if you like this one, I can make another one!

All supplies are CTMH!!

Paper: Cherry-O, and coordinating CS included in paper pack
Inks used: Chocolate, Tulip and Sweet Leaf
Embellishments:  Large Soft Set Eyelets, Chocolate Ribbon, Tulip Bloom and Tulip Brad
Tools: Soft Set Eyelet Tool, Corner Rounder with guard removed and 1 1/4 CTMH Circle Punch

Thanks for stopping by!

I hope that I have inspired you to either create one of these for your own gift certificates, OR to contact me for your very own gift certificate holder to give to the scrapbooker/stamper in your life!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!!

Jen

No comments: