Wednesday, December 24, 2008

9x9 Swap page and a Thank you card

This is going to be a quick post, but I wanted to check in and share this card and page with you all before I head out for the evening.

Yesterday, my hubby asked me if I could come up with a thank you card that he could give along with a gift that he purchased for some of his co-workers in his office as an end of the year Thank You. The gifts that he picked out are martini glasses with a couple of mini bottles of liquor and lime juice in them. So, I went to Archiver's and found this cute little martini glass stamp and got busy trying to figure out how I was going to make it. I ended up embossing it with silver embossing powder and coloring it in with a ctmh Twilight marker and adding Liquid Glass on top to make it look like it was a glass. I need to make 21 of these so I had to keep them fairly simple.....that actually proved to be rather difficult as I LOVE to add lots of bling and layers. Here is what I came up with......



I thought that I would also share a 9x9 page that I made for a unit swap that my upline holds each month. The swap for December was due on the 13th and I did not get started on this page until midnight and finished at 4:00am on the 13th! I know, nothing like waiting till the very last minute to get it done! I had NO idea what I was going to do except that it needed to be a 9x9 page made with the Aspen papers and colors. Thank goodness all I had to make was 6 of these pages!! The most time consuming part of this page was paper piecing the little snowman and the bird! Yes, I stamped the snowman 3 times, once on Colonial White, once on the patterned paper and once on the Twilight CS. The snow around him is Liquid Applique with glitter and heated.



Here is an upclose shot of the snowman......



I will post the supplies used a bit later......

Thanks for stopping by!

Jen

No comments: