Monday, December 1, 2008

Snow Friends and Splitcoast Stampers sc204

I took some much needed time for myself last Thursday and Friday and just played. I pulled out stamp sets and paper packs that I purchased months ago and still had not done anything with. I turned on the computer and surfed the net looking for sketches and inspiration. What I found as I was surfing were some pretty fun sketch challenges that I decided I needed to participate in!

This first card I followed Splitcoaststampers sc204. I have to say there were quite a few times while putting this card together that I almost threw it in the trash. I can't tell you how many times I pulled the ribbon off, or pulled each layer away to try something else. Funny thing is that each time I would try something different, I always went back to the way it looked originally. That should teach me to always go with my first choice! LOL


This second card was inspired by Beate at fresh & fun. When I saw her card, I knew that I needed to re-create it using CTMH's Snow Friends stamp set. My stamped image was a little smaller than the one that Beate used for her card so I had to improvise a little by cutting down the piece of CS that the image was stamped on. I also had a heck of a time finding a circle small enough to fit! But all in all I thought it turned out pretty sweet!

All supplies are CTMH:
Paper: Aspen
Stamp set: Snow Friends
Ribbon: Creme Brulee
Glitter: Prisma Glitter
Brads: Outdoor Denim
Twilight Corduroy Brad: Winter Cozy Mini-Medley Accents
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!
Jen

No comments: