Friday, December 12, 2008

Last one I promise!!

I know, I know, I am getting tired of this paper pack too! BUT I do have 1 last card using the Everlasting papers to show you before I move on. In my search for all things crafty, I decided to locate a local Stampin' Up! demonstrator to see if I could find someone who held monthly classes. Yes, I know I am a consultant for Close to my Heart, but I find that both companies have awesome things to offer! Anyhoo, I found an amazingly talented demo that only lives a few blocks from me. Over the year that I have been going to her monthly card group I have learned soooo many cool techniques.


This brings me to the card that I made using Prismacolor Pencils and odorless paint thinner. If it had not been for Terri's card class, I would have never learned about this technique! The stamp set Bundled Up by ctmh has been one of my all time favorite stamp sets, but I am sad to say that it will be retiring as of December 31st 2008. If you like this set, hop on over to my website and buy it before it is gone forever!

The sketch that I used for this card is Beate's Weekend Challenge sketch #67 and I am sad to say that I followed her example pretty closely becuase I loved the way her card looked!

One more cool technique that I used with this card is Liquid Applique. This was my first attempt at using this stuff and let me tell you, it will NOT be the last! I wish you could see the fine details of the snow around the sled as it is actually raised and looks like they are really sledding through snow. Before I applied heat to the Liquid Applique, I sprinkled Prisma Glitter over it all to add a little sparkle to the snow.

Most supplies CTMH unless noted:
Paper: My Reflections Everlasting level 2 paper pack
Stamp set: Bundled Up
Accessories: Cranberry ribbon, Cranberry Waxy Flax
Techniques: Edge Distresser, Liquid Applique, Prisma Glitter
Non ctmh: Prismacolor Pencils and odorless paint thinner (don't remember the name)


Hope this has inspired you in some way! Stay tuned over the weekend as I have a big announcement to make and it has a little something to do with the InStyle Stamps picture that I have on my blog!! I am soooo excited!! Now off to play!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jen

No comments: