Monday, April 5, 2010

Memo Notebook "Purse"

About 6 months ago I attended a friend's workshop where we made these sweet little "Purses" from a 4 1/2 x 3 1/4 inch Memo Notebook.  Right after the workshop I went and purchased several of these little notebooks so I could recreate these using Close to my Heart products.  Well, I finally got around to making one this weekend and I wanted to share it with you all!! 


For mine, I used all cardstock since I did not have a patterned paper that used all the colors that I wanted to use for this project.  For the "patterned" paper on the front cover, I random stamped images from CTMH's "Smiles" stamp set in Bubblegum, Citrus Leaf, Ocean and Orange

I can't remember where I found the tutorial for the flower, but all I did was use 2 scalloped circles and 2 regular circles, inked the edges, put them all together from large to small, put a paper piercer through the center and scrunched them around it.  After that I glued them all together and put the sparkle in the center.


This is the inside of the purse.....just plain lined paper.  But looking at it from the outside you would never know! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

I hope that I have inspired you to create one of these little notebooks!  I will be putting mine in my purse and taking it with me so I have something to write on at all times.  Not to mention, what a great way to show off the amazing products that Close to my Heart carries!!

Jen

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Very cute and I love your color choices. I know a few gals who would love to receive one of these. Thanks for sharing.