Sunday, April 4, 2010

April Stamp of the Month "Flower Pot"

Sometimes we get into a rut of using colors that are popular and current.  For me, I have a hard time putting colors together.  Not that I am not capable, but it is SO much easier to have the professionals do it....like when I browse through CTMH's Idea Books, the color combos are already put together for me and I KNOW that they look good cuz there is a sample right there using them!  LOL 

So, my upline Shari and I were talking about how some of the bright colors have not been used in a while in the CTMH Idea Books.  I am sure that is because maybe they just are not the "IN" colors at the moment.  BUT with Spring and Summer approaching and the flowers are starting to come up and bloom, it is hard NOT to think BRIGHT!!

With that said......I sat down while the hubby was out golfing and created a card using the April Stamp of the Month "Flower Pot".  The colors I chose to color the flowers and leaves are: Bubblegum, Orange, Sunflower and Citrus Leaf.  The sky is sponged Crystal Blue and the ground is sponged Topiary.


The Emboss Resist technique was inspired from the Art and Soul episode where they demonstrated the technique.  For my card, the flowers were stamped in White Daisy pigment ink and embossed with clear detail embossing powder. I then colored in each flower and used a Versamark marker to color over each petal, added clear embossing powder and embossed again. I then sponged the sky and then the ground. 

Well, I am off to go take my sweet little Sadie for a walk and enjoy the awesome weather!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

I hope that I have not only inspired you to get out those BRIGHT, CHEERY colors and create something fun, but to also to try the Emboss Resist technique!!  Check out that episode above from Art and Soul and you will find an AWESOME demonstration of how to do it. 

Jen




1 comment:

Sheila Bennett said...

Fabulous card - the color combo is great.