Sunday, April 11, 2010

Scraplifted card from the new Summer Idea Book.......ssshhhh

Just a little tease!  LOL  And not of any new products, but new art using old products!!  So, as soon as I get my hands on the new Idea Books, the first thing that I do is go through the WHOLE Idea Book and search out ALL the new stuff.  The second thing that I do is go back through to make sure that I did not miss any new stuff the first go round!  LOL 

The third and final thing that I do is go back through ALL of the new art that is displayed using ALL products in the Idea Book.  I almost always find a card, LO or dimensional project that has used a stamp set or paper pack that I had previously over looked or owned but had not thought to use it that way. 

That is what happened as I was going through the soon to be released (May 1st) Summer Idea book.  I found 3 cards using 2 stamp sets and papers that I already owned, but had not thought to use them together.  So, I took 2 of the cards and combined the ideas and came up with this card.......



I was pretty tickled with the way this turned out.  I used CTMH papers You Rock and the stamp sets are  Cottage Floral and Cocktail Alphabet (for the thanks).  I stamped the flower in Sunflower and the inside of the flower is Smokey Plum.  The White Daisy Ric Rac is from the Ric Rac collection and the Outdoor Denim ribbon is from the Outdoor Denim ribbon collection.

HHMMM maybe I will re-create the other 2 cards and post them here to show you how I came up with this card.......I will put that on my 2 do list for next week!  Stay tuned!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

I hope that this has inspired you to take a card, LO, or other project that you LOVE and re-create it to make it all your own!  I have faith that you can do it too!!!

Jen

2 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Very nice card! Really like the color combo and how you layered the ribbons.

Cindy said...

What a tease, I so want to see the new catty!!!