Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Welcome Stacey, to my team "Creativity in Motion"!!

Towards the beginning of April, Stacey joined Close to my Heart and my team "Creativity in Motion"!!  We have not met in person YET as we have both had schedule conflicts since she joined.  BUT tomorrow we are going to meet for lunch and I can't wait!  Stacey has been a consultant with Close to my Heart before, but she picked me to be her upline this go round......Thanks for giving me the opportunity! 

I created this altered notebook to give to her tomorrow and I wanted to share with you all.  I have posted an altered notebook last year when my downline Deb signed up.  This one is similar to the one before, just changed up the papers, ribbons and embellishments.



I thought I would share with you the first version of  the notebook and then the 2nd and final version.  After taking a photo of it to upload here, it looked like it was missing something.  Maybe a flourish or something to fill in the space that was bugging me.  Then I remembered that I had purchased the Primavera Rub-Ons from the Spring Idea Book!  And there it was, the most perfect sized flourish AND a little scalloped edge for the "stacey's notes". 


After adding rub-ons I even changed the background of my photo to chocolate.......silly I know.....but I think it made a bit of a difference in the way it photographed.  Made it not so bright.....

If you don't know by now the name of the paper pack that I used, I will tell you once more...LOL  It is Topstitch.  The alphabet that I used is Cocktail and I LOVE it!!  The only 2 things that cannot be purchased through CTMH are the spiral notebook and the punch that I used for the edge of the Crystal Blue paper.  Everything else can be found and purchased on my website http://www.lovinscrappin.myctmh.com/.

The dimensions for my notebook are 8 x 10 1/2.  I unwound the spirals from the original cover, measured the cover and cut my Chocolate Cardstock to match.  I then lined up my Chocolate CS with the original cover and marked where all the holes are and punched them out.  After that I decorated at will!

Thanks for stopping by!!

I hope that I have inspired you to create your own Altered Notebook! 

Happy Scrappin' and Stampin'!!

Jen

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I agree that rub on just made the cover perfect!