Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge Card (a week late!)

SO I am a week late with this sketch from the Mojo Monday sketch blog.  BUT I had fun playing along anyhow!  I don't make too many square cards.  Not sure why, I really like them!  I guess I am just a creature of habit and the standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 is my go to size.

If you haven't checked out the A Muse Studio October collection yet, I suggest that you hurry up and do so!!  I LOVE these fall stamps and dies and am having a blast playing with them!!


Remember the beautiful fall colored ink pads that came in my new consultant kit??  WELL, I am putting them to good use with the Happy Hello stamp set and coordinating dies!  I created my OWN patterned paper and LOVE the way it turned out!  


When was the last time that you made your own patterned paper??  Has it been a while??  Did you forget that you could when you can just purchased patterned paper?  OR have you never tried it?  Well, if you haven't tried it OR haven't done it in a while, what's stopping you?  It's super easy and comes together pretty quickly!  Not to mention, NO ONE ELSE has a sheet of paper exactly like it!  lol  

To create your own patterned paper, I would suggest you start with a minimum of 4-5 stamps and colors.  Choose the largest stamp first and start stamping it in a triangle pattern, leaving room between to add more stamping and making sure to stamp off the edge as well.  Then the fun begins of filling in all the blank spots with the next largest stamp, and so on, till you are using the smallest stamp.  Clear as mud??  


This card was actually created BEFORE I stamped the full 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of Sugar CS.  I started with a 4 x 4 piece of Sugar CS and chose 4 different stamps/colors.  AFTER I created this card, I decided to go BIG and create the full sheet of CS with 5 different stamps/colors.  I LOVE the way they BOTH turned out!

Supplies Used on Card: 
(All supplies used are A Muse Studio)
Stamp Sets: Happy Hello (leaves), Turkey Day (sentiment)
Inks Used: French Roast, Pumpkin, Sage, and Buttercup (Currant was also used on full sheet above)
Paper: Sugar CS, Wasabi Petite Polka Dot paper, French Roast and Papaya Shimmer Couture CS
Embellishments: Lime Organdy Ribbon, Pumpkin Sequins, Antique Brass Mini Brads

Thanks SO much for stopping by!!  

Hope this has inspired you to create your OWN patterned paper using the random stamping technique!!

Happy Scrapping and Stamping!

Jen




No comments: